Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reviews Slowing Down....Why?

First of all, I have to apologize.

The number of books I review has decreased greatly over the last month and may continue to trickle in at a steady, yet smaller, stream than what I would like.

My husband and I have an amazing, exciting opportunity to go on a six-week mission trip in September-October to Mozambique. The trip was just finalized within the last two weeks, which leaves us a little over three months to get prepared for the trip.

Plane tickets.

Support letter written.

Financial support raised.

Preparations for what we will do there.

Read as much as possible about Mozambique culture, land, food, history, economy, politics.

Learn as much Portuguese as possible. Tudo bem?

This poor little Type A brain is going a little bit bananas trying not to be stressed about it all. Plus, at the library we're getting ready for our summer reading programs. I am the assistant for the children's summer reading programs, and I am in charge of leading the adult summer reading program (a new position for me). Don't get me wrong-- I'm excited about all of these things! But in the midst of all of this busyness, something had to go, and for now it was reading and reviewing. So. Sad.

Reading could never really go by the wayside for me, so I will continue to read and review, but the reviews will probably just come less frequently for a few months.

Bear with me please!

No comments:

Post a Comment