Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Butterfly is Patient


A Butterfly is Patient
By Dianna Hutts Aston
Illustrated by Sylvia Long

A Butterfly is Patient is another beautifully written non-fiction book for children. I wish I could describe to you exactly how much I love the books by this author and illustrator team. They make me want to jump up and down for joy. In this book, children will learn about the life cycle of butterflies, pollination and how butterflies help with it, how butterflies camouflage themselves, that a butterfly is not a moth (one of my favorites!), among other things. I appreciate the spectacular and accurate illustrations in this book! I also like the format: Each page has a large heading that can be read by itself for younger readers and then further description written below for older readers. This book will make you and your children simply fall in love with butterflies!

Look for other titles by this author and illustrator team:

An Egg is Quiet
A Seed is Sleepy

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen "Hush Little Baby" by Sylvia Long? It's got a lot more positive message than all of the buying messages in the other versions, and the illustrations are cute too!

    ReplyDelete